Friday, December 23, 2011

Printed Parts Update II

So I have FINALLY finished collecting all the printed parts for the Prusa! I ended up having a local guy print the rest of the parts I needed, since it was turning into quite the hassle to get all the parts printed from my local hackerspace, hacklab.to. I opted for LM8UU linear bearings from thingfarm for the x and y axis, and A hinged extruder instead of the standard Wade's extruder. The parts were excellent quality, I didn't realize a well tuned reprap could actually print at that quality level! Now I just have to wait for the linear bearings to come in to finish assembly.

Merry Christmas!