Saturday, January 3, 2009

Arduino Synth 3.2

Hello, I just finished designing the upgraded PCB for the Arduino Synth. Its new features are:
  • MIDI IN
  • Audio Output
  • 6 Sliding Pots
  • 2 SPDT Switches
  • 2 Status LED's

Now that the pitch doesnt need to have its own pot, I can have seperate volume envalopes for each oscillator making it much more interesting. Also with the two switches, I can implement a choice between Square and Triangle waves. Also the board is much more compact now that all the pots are attatched to the board. I havnt actually fabricated a PCB yet, but I plan to within the next week.

Future hardware Features:

  • MIDI IN
  • A DAC
  • A LCD Interface

Here's a Parts List:

G – Ground
5V – Voltage In
L1 – Serial Status LED, Yellow
L2 – Power Status LED, Red
R1, R2 – 220Ohm Resisters
R3 – 50Ohm Resister
SW1, SW2 – SPDT Switch
AUDIO – Audio Output Jack
MIDI – Midi jack w/ Breakout Board
J1, J2, J3, J4 – Assorted Jumper Wires
IC – 6N137 Optocoupler 10MBit
Squares – Male or Female Headers

This board is getting to the point where I can't fabricate it myself anymore, so I'm thinking of making this into a kit with a double-sided silkscreened PCB. Please Give me some input.

Thanks

4 comments:

  1. Have you done a computer interface yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup Thats what Im working on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work here! are you selling the PCB's for the arduino synth?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work!, do you know a part number for those tiny 3 pin toggle switches?

    ReplyDelete